Friday, September 7, 2007

Introduction to dorm life

Owen Hall 1160 West Stadium Avenue, my new home for the next year. As soon as we pulled up to the curb that sunday morning there were people wearing bright colored shirts rushing over to us offering to carry my stuff to my room. Once it was all piled in it was time to unpack, this took awhile since I am not a very oranized packer and I had way to much stuff and not enough space. I found myself sitting aroung letting my parents do all the work. My dad being the computer genius of the family began setting up my computer and printer. After a couple hours passed it was time for my parents to leave, I had waited for this moment for 19 years and the time had finally come. I had always thought it was going be so easy for me to say goodbye to my parents but I started to realize it was actually one of the hardest things I had ever had to do. After watching them drive away and wiping the tears away from my cheek I wandered back inside to my new home.

The first day I sat awarkdly in my room talking to my room mate which was someone I had just met. It was hard for me to grasp the fact that I would be living, eating, and sleeping with someone I hardly knew. Thankfully my roommate turned out to be pretty cool, going into college I was pretty nervous about the whole room mate thing. You always here crazy stories about room mates gone bad, and I had hoped that I would never have to have one of these stories of my own.

No comments: