Saturday, September 15, 2007

I Love Ford!

If I could have dinner with anyone in the world, I would want to dine with John and Mary Ford. Actually I would just like to dine at the dining hall that was named after them. And although they probably have nothing to do with how delicious the food is there, they still occupy a place in my heart. For those of you who aren’t aware, Ford Dining Hall is THE BEST dining hall on Purdue’s campus – on any college campus now that I think about it. I happen to live in Owen, which is located right next to Ford Dining Hall. Allow me to give you a short description of why, in my opinion, Ford Dining Hall is the most amazing place in West Lafayette to dine.
I would just like to note right away that although the line at Ford is often way out the door, it happens to be the fastest moving line in Indiana, so please don’t get discouraged. Once inside, you have many food stations including – but not limited too – pizza, Italian, salads, sandwiches, all American, meats, desserts, etc. And this is no usual cafeteria food – I would put money on the fact that the brilliant chefs at Ford could give your own mother a run for her money. It is hard to describe in words how amazing this food is, but let’s just say that it is my main concern when the term ‘Freshman 15’ comes to mind. Not only is the food amazing, but it’s all you can eat! You can sample any and all of the options at any given meal. So for those of you who love food, I can describe it as nothing less than heaven. Ford Dining Hall also features a soft serve ice cream machine conveniently located right by the door, to be sure that no diner should miss out on this delicious dessert.
The one and only downside to Ford is that it isn’t open 24 hours a day! But Ford definitely makes up for this flaw with a lovely feature called On the Go. On the go is open the whole day and features great food choices that are sure to meet any hungry students’ needs. You can just grab 5 items of your choice and be on your way to class… or wherever you choose to go. I plan to continue to check out more of the dining halls as soon as I can tear myself away from Ford and I will be sure to keep you updated on the different sorts of dining at Purdue!

3 comments:

sarcastic lobster said...

I agree that the food at Ford Dining Hall is amazing, but some days they have the same thing for dinner as they had for lunch. It creates a somewhat inconvinient situation, as good as the food is, I just don't feel like eating the same food twice in one day. Although the wide variety of food usually makes it a nonissue.

i.see.dead.people said...

Ford is definitely the best dining hall. The only problem I have is getting there. I live in McCutcheon so it’s more than just a short walk to get there. My friends and I only go on what we call “special occasions” which we say as a joke because, we’ve only been twice. They really need a McCutcheon dining hall so we do not have to walk a mile for food.

Nasus said...

I certainly agree with you that Ford is the best dining hall on campus, and most likely the best place to eat in West Lafayette! Lucky for you, you live nearby. I live in Winsdor, but I too visit Ford on special occasions, such as my friend’s birthday just last week. Out of all the dining courts, Ford definitely has the most selection of food, hitting many different “genres” of food on any given day. I live in Windsor, and what I don’t like about their food is that much of it works around a vegetarian diet. Nothing against vegetarians, I am just a big meat eater and enjoy a protein-filled meal at least once a day. Quality of food at Ford is also first-rate, and they have a great selection of deserts! (which may not be a good thing in the long run, aka freshman 15). I once encountered a terribly undercooked chicken tender at Eirhart, which has led me away from the fried food section ever since. On a lighter note, it seems as though you can never go wrong at Ford, and I strongly recommend to anyone who has never eaten there before, you gotta try it out!