Saturday, October 20, 2007

TV bonding

Everyone knows that TV can have negative side effects, but I believe it can also bring people together. Last year several girls on our floor in Windsor always got together for Grey’s Anatomy and chips and salsa night. It was something we looked forward to at the end of a busy week. We all bonded while spending time together watching Grey’s Anatomy. This year I get together with my suitemates to watch The Office (I watch Grey’s online later). We watched seasons one through three in the weeks leading up to the premier to refresh our memory and get us psyched for season four. I appreciate living in a community like we do on campus because it is nice to have others close by to have fun with together.

If you do not watch The Office I encourage you to give it a try. The Office is the greatest show, and it is so original. I like that it is setup like a documentary, it is hilarious in every aspect, and there is a little romance too (Jim and Pam finally got together this season. It was so exciting!). I think whether or not a TV show appeals to both guys and girls is a determining factor in the awesomeness of a show. The Office does a good job of appealing to both sexes, and it is definitely up there in the awesomeness scale. It does takes a certain sense of humor to like the comedy in the show, but I think it is hilarious (albeit sometimes rather risqué). Plus the show has so many great lines. My friends and I probably quote The Office too much.


Okay this is one of my favorite quotes by Dwight Schrute...

"The purse girl hits everything on my checklist: creamy skin, straight teeth, curly hair, amazing breasts. Not for me... for my children. The Schrutes produce very thirsty babies."

2 comments:

Amelia said...

True statement! The Office is a great show. My roommate and I watch it together every week. But I don't really think we bond because we watch tv together. We don't even really talk a whole lot during the show because we are focusing on what the people on the screen are saying. Maybe it's just us, but I think the real bonding is the late night girl talks. I do look forward to watching The Office though so I can't complain.

voiceofreason said...

The Office is absolutely the greatest show on television. I wish they would move it from Thursdays nights, so I wouldn't have to choose between that and CSI, but I try to watch both. The genious of the whole show is that it plays into the different stereotypes we have of different types of people, and allows viewers to laugh at the simple things in life. I really hope this show has many more seasons, because we all need a good laugh sometimes.