Tuesday, October 30, 2007

"Off" days

On days like yesterday and today I am so thankful for the people who care about me. I woke up yesterday with a horrendous headache. It was one of those headaches that leaves you unable to formulate complete thoughts or function properly. My roommate offered to take notes for me in the two classes we have together in the morning so I could sleep some more. It was so sweet of her because those few hours of sleep helped my lessen headache. Today I was feeling pretty down because I was really tired (I only got 3 hours of sleep because I a research paper due today), I was not feeling well still, and I was frustrated over one of my classes.

But I have had several things throughout my day today cheer me up. My friends really made me feel better. They have been in my shoes and knew how to cheer me up. I also felt better after blessing some little kids. I am in science student council, and we did science experiments today for young children at the West Lafayette public library. We made “disappearing” bubbles with dry ice, “vomiting” pumpkins, and other Halloween “explosions.” Seeing the little kids be amazed by the simple experiments we did for them was so fun. Doing the experiments for the children cheered me up. I also felt better after talking on the phone with my sister and my boyfriend. They always know the right thing to say. I am so grateful for the people in my life who love me , care about me, and cheer me up even on my “off” days. I should be better about appreciating them. One good thing about crappy days is that they can remind of the things you have to be thankful for.

1 comment:

Survivor said...

I agree with you I do not know where I would be without the help of my friends and family they can get you through some of the toughest times. I am so thankful for them.