Thursday, October 11, 2007

October break II


People have many different ways to spend their breaks. Some may spend it being adventurous and taking trips or going on a mission trip, some may catch up with family and hometown friends, some may develop their partying skills, and still others may decide to do what most of us yearn to do…nothing. With October break 2007 behind me I am thoroughly pleased with how I spent my time.

As I said in my last post I went on a road trip with two of my friends to St. Louis. I still stand by my theory that while in college you should take advantage of every opportunity to go on road trips with friends and choose to spend your breaks being adventurous.

There are many reasons why I loved my October break road trip to St. Louis with my two friends. Here are a few…

  1. I did not have to spend a lot of money since food and housing were with family
  2. Hours riding in the car together created lasting memories
  3. I saw awesome animals at the St. Louis Zoo (and it was free!)
  4. Home cooked meals
  5. Sleeping past 9:00am

This break came with perfect timing. I was pretty exhausted by the time fall break came around. There is a down side to short breaks though. Because you are beat from school you don’t want to do any work over break...so you don’t. Then when you get back to the reality of school you are behind. I definitely have some catching up to do on studying and homework. I also need to catch up on sleep because my body got used to getting more sleep over break and now it is not and it doesn’t like it. All in all it was a great break, and I can’t wait till Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone enjoyed the way they chose to spend fall break.

p.s. Enjoy my zoo photos :)

1 comment:

Gogol said...

I've been to the St. Louis Zoo so many times myself, can't recommend it enough.