Saturday, October 27, 2007

Football, costumes, pumpking carving...what could be bettter?

I am having a weekend of goodness (which is exactly what I needed after this stressful week of midterms). First I went to the Homecoming game earlier today and watched the football team beat Northwestern. During the second half the momentum really picked up. It was fun to join in the crowd chanting Boiler Up, singing the fight song, and throwing my hands up and yelling “Shout!” It was an enjoyable game and I got to see Neil Armstrong (his pep talk turned the game around J ).

Tonight I am going to a Halloween party at my boyfriend’s house. Each year the guys in his house always come up with a theme. This year the theme is toys and games of our childhood. Some of the different costumes are the Operation game, a Lego man, Raggedy Ann, and a Battleship ship. My boyfriend is being a yo-yo, and I am going as a Scrabble piece –the letter L. It should be interesting to see all their costumes. I love coming up with a costume and making it. It’s fun to be creative when making your costumes. I like seeing the different costumes people come up with.

Sunday I am going to the MythBusters show at Elliot which is very exciting. And the best part of the weekend will be Sunday night. I am going to a pumpkin carving at my boyfriend’s home. His parents always throw a pre-Thanksgiving get-together. It is one of my favorite traditions. There is pumpkin carvings, home cooked food, and family time. Once the sun sets we all light our pumpkins and admire our creations. I know most if not all the dorms have a pumpkin carving of their own. I would encourage anyone to do it. It’s really fun!

No comments: