Saturday, October 6, 2007

October Break

I am psyched for a fantastic weekend. In a few hours I will be in a blacked-out crowd full of students all cheering Purdue on as they face Ohio State. It is sure to be an exciting game because no matter what the outcome of the game it will be an electric atmosphere. I know the players, the band, and the cheerleaders have all been preparing extra hard to put on a great show tonight. I am excited to go to my first night game…in a glow in the dark shirt no less. Even though it is October break I think we will have a good turnout of fans. Campus is definitely buzzing with people everywhere. The intramural fields are packed to the maximum with tailgaters. T minus 2 hours!

Then after the game my two friends and I are going to catch a few hours of sleep and then get up and drive to St. Charles, MO which is a suburb of St. Louis where my friend lives. I have never been to Missouri and cannot wait. Not only will we get to go to the St. Louis Zoo, see the arch, and eat at wonderful restaurants I will get to meet all of my friend’s family and see where she grew up. I think part of the college experience is going home with your friends and seeing different areas of the US. Plus we have a place to stay for free and no obligations over break so college is the perfect time to take road trips.


No comments: