Tuesday, October 16, 2007

MythBusters

I want to make it my duty to inform everyone who does not know that MYTHBUSTERS IS COMING to Purdue! I am very excited about this fact. I thoroughly enjoy MythBusters on the Discovery channel. I always learn something, laugh a lot in the process, and get to see stuff get blown up or shot at or launched into the air. Who doesn’t love that? If you have not watched the show I highly encourage you to do so and get to know everyone –Adam, Jamie, Kari, Grant, Tory, and the rest of the crew. Avid fan or newbie you should come to Elliot on Sunday, October 28 at 1:00pm and see Adam and Jamie in person. The tickets are only $10 for students which is a really good deal. Bringing MythBusters to Purdue is part of the Science Centennial Kickoff (the college of science is celebrating its 100th year). I was even more excited about MythBusters when I found out that as a member of Purdue Science Student Council I get to usher the event. I do not know a lot about what the Mythbusters will be doing while on stage, but I do know there will be a question and answer time. I think that is a great idea. Many times during the show I thought of something I would ask the “busters” about the experiment, setup, or a behind the scenes question. Or have you ever thought of a myth you wanted them to solve? This event is the perfect time to do it. You should definitely be there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would really like to shoot myself in the foot right now for not having seen this post the second you put it up. It's Saturday the 20th and I just hope there are tickets left. My only question to you would be if you've found anything else about what they do onstage. I've heard that they're touring shows span from simple talkbacks to actual demonstrations. Where did you find it, and where can I learn more about it?